Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill (02)

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      Addison Gill, 16, has walked the runways of Paris and Milan. The Grade 11 honours student at Assumption College School in Brantford was named Best New Face in Canada at the P&G Beauty Awards in the fall. Last year, Gill, who lives in Caledonia, south of Hamilton, also won the V magazine/Supreme Model Search. Gill has been photographed for Elle Canada, Flare and Teen Vogue. "I couldn't have done anything without my family," she says. Gill is photographed with a card she keeps taped on her wall. It reads: "It's okay to dream big." Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      No, not where we live. There's great opportunity for everyone to do what you like. If I have a dream, there's nothing stopping me because I'm a girl, though I know in some places it's more of a disadvantage. I'm passionate about my career now. But eventually I want to be passionate about something greater that will benefit other people, something not so selfish.Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      At this point in my life I don't believe I have enough personal experience to say if I am a feminist or not. I do, though, believe that it is important for women to stand up for their values and be heard. It is important for men and women to not only hear what each other have to say, but to listen and understand each other's point of view and respect it.Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      I am currently reading: In the Country of Men by Hisham Matar, The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards, Hullabaloo in the Guava Orchard by Kiran Desai, and A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah.Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      I read a few books at the same time because I like to switch between different settings and story lines. I like the challenge of reconnecting to a book and its characters after I haven't read it in a while. Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      Toronto- Just weeks after landing 22 shows in the New York Collections, Canadian model Addison Gill is in town to walk in Toronto’s LG Fashion Week. I will definitely be keeping my eyes out for this young rising star; she is stunning in both in the fashion realm as well as the regular world. Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      Addison Gill started her meteoric rise after graduating from a modeling course less than a year ago. She was then signed to Sutherland Models and won the V Magazine model search in New York.Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      Only 6 months ago, Calvin Klein signed her exclusively for his show in New York. Since then she has done shows in Milan and Paris, graced the cover of Fashion Quarterly and this month’s Flare, together with innumerable editorial spreads in all the top Canadian fashion magazines.Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      Look for Addison opening the Lucian Matis show, with Supermodel Monika Schnarre closing it. “I think it is a great metaphor that the industry’s newest star will open and the country’s longest running career supermodel is closing it!” says Ann Sutherland, President of Sutherland Models. Addison will also be strutting her stuff for the likes of Pink Tartan and Joe Fresh among others.Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      Sutherland Models is located in Toronto’s fashion district and is one of Canada’s top modeling agencies. Sutherland represents over 70 female and 50 male models that appear nationally and internationally in the world’s leading fashion magazines, advertising campaigns and fashion shows.Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      Don’t you just love how our Canadian girls have taken over the runways? Soon to be joining our Canadian supermodels Coco Rocha, and Jessica Stam is up and coming Ontario born Addison Gill.Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      Her look is enchanting, as her natural beauty is calming, but her eyes are ferociously green. Standing at 5’10, Addison has walked the runways for top designers including Valentino, Calvin Klein, Gianfranco Ferre and more in the Milan RTW fashion week 09. Addison first marked her territory by winning the V/Supreme Model search and is now signed with Sutherland Models in Toronto.Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      How did you get into modelling? Addison Gill - “I got started through Sutherland Models in Toronto. They worked closely with Chantale Nadeau, my development agent, who is based in Toronto as well. Sutherland Models set me up for the best test shoots with photographers, such as Owen Bruce, to start up my portfolio.”Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      What’s your dream modelling job? Addison Gill - “Right now, having so much opportunity and exposure to the fashion industry and top designers it is hard to narrow down what my “dream modelling job” would be. Shows from the Fall 2009 season that stood out most for me were being a Calvin Klein exclusive in New York, my bright orange dress–all handmade!–at Pringle of Scotland and the gorgeous show for Valentino.”Addison Gill

      Canadian Top Model - Addison Gill

      What was it like the first time you stepped on a runway? Addison Gill - “The first time I stepped out onto the runway I was nervous about making the proper turns and excited about taking the stage as a Calvin Klein exclusive!”Addison Gill

0 comments:

Post a Comment